Thank you all for supporting H-TEN for the last 18 months. More specifically, H-TEN has been the site name for just 4 months now. It has been an amazing experience to follow the Hanshin Tigers closely and to bring you all the news in English so you could also follow the team more closely. The truth of the matter is, the current logo was put together in 30 minutes or so. It is not a bad logo, but I definitely think there are people out there with better logo designing abilities than yours truly.
And so I present to you… the 2016 H-TEN LOGO DESIGN CONTEST! That’s right, Hanshin Tigers fan, you can use your graphic designing talents to improve the community! H-TEN is looking for a fresh look in 2016 and beyond. If you design the winning logo, a prize package (see below for details) will be sent to you as a token of H-TEN’s appreciation. Just heed the following instructions and send your design to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 11, 2015 11:59pm JST.
By entering, you acknowledge that:
- the design and its graphics are your original work
- any non-original graphics are used with legal permission from its owner
- you have not used the Hanshin Tigers official logo or font
- you have not used Yomiuri Giants orange in your design
- legal ownership and usage rights of the logo belong to H-TEN
- the logo should be submitted in two formats: square (1400 x 1400 pixels, for podcast and social network use) and “banner” (2560 x 1440 pixels, for website and social network cover photo) – each file should not, if possible, exceed 4 MB in size
- if you want to explain the reasoning behind your motif/certain elements in your design, feel free to do so
- if you want to create an H-TEN mascot to go along with the design, you may – but you cannot use To-Lucky, Lucky, Keyta or T-Ray – they are already copyrighted
The prize package:
- Matt Murton autographed business card
- Matt Murton 2015 wristband (see here for pictures of these)
Your choice of either… (a) 2016 Fan Club Limited Edition Golden Cheering Bats; or (b) 2015 Fan Club Limited Edition silkscreen towel (click here for picture of towel)
(Shipping will be covered by H-TEN, of course!)
Looking forward to seeing your creative designs soon! I’m sure 2016 be an exciting year for the Hanshin Tigers and H-TEN alike!